Sunday 9 November 2008

Key To The Temple



<a href="http://darkofaydin.bandcamp.com/track/key-to-the-temple">Key To The Temple by Dark Ofay Din</a>

Do you remember me?

That long lost friend

One you used to care about

One who used to hold your hand

Seems you found a new God
A shit load richer than the last poor sod
But I'll ask you this as I did before
When you have it all, why ask for more
It's sad

So sad

And I used to give a damn
I used to try and be your Man
Then you saw the lights and dropped to pray
Said you'd found a better way

It's a party in fancy dress
Not life trying to say you're blessed
But OK
I'll give your creed its place
If you will just turn and face
The world around you
(Voices..)

I see your pretty face
Wrapped in amazing grace
You make it seem so simple
To be the key to your temple

I Am
The key
To your Temple

Words cannot tame my blood soaked dreams my dear
There is no fear that you could muster to always keep me near
In your Temple I see illusions and tortures of the past
A congregation of the flesh that was never built to last

It always ends this way
It always ends with someone having to die